Monday 21 February 2011

Ever Realize 'Likability' Is Formulaic?

It's amazing how we can deconstruct something abstract, and turn it into a formula that's simple to copy and replicate!

In the chapter about likability in ENCHANTMENT, there are 12 things you can do to become better 'liked' by people (and no, I'm not talking about getting more folks to click on the 'Like' button on your Facebook profile here!)

One of them is the way you shake hands. And there are 8 parts to a great handshake, including:

* the Duchenne smile (go Google that one!)
* the duration for which you'll clutch someone's palm
* how far you thrust your hand into the other's personal space

...and five more.

I practiced my new handshake this morning - on my daughter!

She asked me why I was grinning like a gorilla! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment